Matthew L. Rosin
Teeters Harvey Marrone & Kaier LLP
1835 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2968
Phone: 215-567-2030 x9
E-mail: [email protected]
Matt was born and raised in Sarasota, Florida. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in 1992 from Johns Hopkins University, where he was on the fencing team for four years. In his senior year, Matt was captain of the fencing team, which won its conference championship, where Matt placed second in the individual foil competition.
After Johns Hopkins, Matt attended the University of Florida College of Law, graduating first in his class, and served as senior research editor of the Florida Law Review. Having thereafter received one of the highest Florida Bar examination scores, Matt was invited to speak at the induction ceremony at the Second District Court of Appeals. Following law school, Matt attended New York University School of Law, receiving his LL.M. in Taxation in 1997.
Matt then spent eleven years practicing law at several large Philadelphia law firms, where he concentrated his practice on estate planning and estate and trust administration. He was actively involved in the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association, having served as a member of the Executive Committee, chair of the Tax Committee, and secretary of the Rules and Practice Committee.
In 2009, Matt joined the legal department at Commonwealth Trust Company in Wilmington, Delaware. In 2012, he was promoted to Vice President of Legal Affairs. He has presented twice at the Delaware Bankers Association’s annual Delaware Trust Conference.
Matt returned to practicing law in Philadelphia when he joined the firm in June 2018.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation 1997
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. magna cum laude 1995
- Johns Hopkins University, B.A. 1992
Bar Admission and Past Employment
- Pennsylvania 1997
- New Jersey 1997
- Florida 1996
- Commonwealth Trust Company 2009 - 2018
- Ballard Spahr Andrews & Ingersoll 2005 - 2009
- Drinker Biddle & Reath 2000 - 2005
- Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis 1997 - 2000
- Finalist, 2019 Impact Award of the Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program
- Wills for Heroes Pennsylvania Bar Association Verdina Y. Showell Award 2010
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star 2005
Community and Professional Activities
- Member, Legislative Committee, Probate and Trust Law Section, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Member and past President of the School Board of Congregation Beth El - Ner Tamid’s Religious School
- Member, Board of Directors of Congregation Beth El - Ner Tamid
- Volunteer Attorney, Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program
- Born in Sarasota, Florida
- Resides in Media, Pennsylvania